Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Can You Eat Bananas If You Have Gallstones

Open Letter to Rosa Díez Inma



Dear Rosa:










These days I remembered that first conversation, ours, PSE headquarters in Bilbao back in July 2001 in Alameda Recalde. I'd given an interview for Papers Ermua. Although layman, was the only "reporter" of that incipient magazine brewing in my laptop as the only shelter. In that conversation, I spoke little, but I saw a lot. After I wrote what you said, articulating it as I left the hypothalamus. I liked it. I was glad. Everything said in that interview, my dear Rosa, you have complied with a seamless consistency. You're the only elected representative of the PSOE has not bowed to this second-rate socialist Zapatero. You, you know well, respect, affection and recognition of Ermua Forum, as I have stated publicly all institutional and personal. Everything you said in that interview is held, all that I said to refine your sketch, I reiterate. Indeed, reprinted the interview shortly.



As you know, my association with the Popular Party is similar to yours: the derivative of thanks from a citizen the only party that throughout the history of English democracy, has done what he had to do with ETA, try only defeat the law. In addition, we share, for years, the solid friendship with some members of the PP, and Jaime Mayor Oreja and Alejo Vidal-Quadras. Certainly, I have to confess that these last few weeks my appreciation, affection and gratitude to the People's Party have been "in crescendo" by some facts that I tell you then. These give reason for these lines that I decided to write, after a silence must unanimously agreed out of respect for this House Ermua Forum, which as you know was held last September 23 in Vitoria.



past few yours statements September 17 I raised some of these ideas and led to this public confession for a reason strict justice and respect for the truth (this also usually coincide, as usual). In these statements calling for the urgent regeneration of an alleged democratic intolerant reaction to the legitimate decision "a citizen as Mikel Buesa" to link to your new draft party.



We have certainly been difficult weeks in the Forum. The reason is simple: we were reluctant to lose Mikel Buesa, as president and spokesperson, because we all understood from the beginning, because we know him that well-connected with this project would be incompatible with the chairmanship of a forum that only defending principles not an acronym. When I say Mikel Buesa know well, I mean that when a person is involved, is involved: half measures are inconsistent with their genetic endowment. As expected, it reflected his usual wit Jon Juaristi, in a few days through the media became the fourth "leg" of the new project: Rosa Diez, Fernando Savater, Carlos M-Gorriarán and Mikel Buesa. However - and here's the key - it was not connected with your party the reason for the resignation of the entire Board of the Forum. Do not mention it!: Mikel had been on the lists of Alfonso Alonso Aranegui by Vitoria in the last municipal and had advised Maria San Gil always who asked him. At that time, certainly, that option (PP) was the only truly constitutional.



The reason for the resignation in the middle of the board of the Forum was none other than his statements denouncing maneuvers People's Party, through the Forum, to damage to your new party. This is simply not true. We demand that belied and refused to rectify. As in a nightmare, we find that the Ermua Forum, which was created to promote the union of the Constitutionalists, was "in a false-inducing clash between two parties advocating the defeat of ETA and oppose anti-democratic claims of nationalism. This was which in any way we could take, or consent. This and any other reason was that caused such a drastic outcome: Dimitar everyone.



In this context, the PP leaders accused unjustly kept the most respectful silence. It was respect for you and for us. Indeed, "we are slaves to our words and our silences gentlemen." These days I understood in my own skin to what extent the moral quality, the high-mindedness, is shown above all to resist the provocation silent.



Dear Rosa, there has been no outside pressure to our organization. All that internal pressure you are able to imagine. Ermua Forum is formed by people from all different coats, it is difficult to press, it is not feasible to control: the facts I refer. We are united in defense of fundamental moral principles. That is our strength to always say what there is to say, whoever governs governs. This independence is guaranteed precisely because of our diversity: not required pedigree. We find it inconceivable that any-imitating what they have always done nationalist award a "plus of legitimacy" for being a liberal, and seen to be or play. These are they who, ultimately, become the "new dictator" of thought, like so tightly, they Denis Jeambar described, referring to our French neighbors. All fit in our Forum. Precisely because the Ermua Forum is a bit of everything we support and will support all the acronyms that defend what we stand for: the defeat of ETA, respect for the law and the unity of Spain, which guarantees freedom, equality and solidarity .





There has been no move whatsoever to harm you, I assure you, rather the opposite. Do not want to miss a story seemingly small but significant. These days, coinciding with the media maelstrom of the present case, I had my post as a professor. All the press was Mikel's complaint about alleged Buesa maneuvers PP. The resigning board had agreed not to make any statements or denials, until after the Assembly. He was returning by train from the first exercise of the opposition. I received a call from the secretary of Angel Acebes, I contacted him: "I just wanted to know how you had been the opposition." In my village, not far from yours, this is called manhood as well. Do not get me excited hidden. And I thought Mike and you. And I was filled with hope, with this safe perception: in Spain, we have much more muscle than we thought ethical to that feedback democratic that many advocate, we just need to be united we want the same thing.



Dear Rosa, I have resisted as yourself would have done to lose Mikel Buesa as president (I have the certainty that I do not blame). I know that its decision was only the result of the desire to support you in this perilous journey you undertake, for the English socialist movement regain its battered dignity. Now, after reset the "broken", I say with sincerity that I'm glad you're involved, because it is more likely that this new party is going in the right direction: the one you want. You know that among us there are those who do not share strategically risky chance of spreading the constitutional vote because the impasse that has put President Zapatero does not allow running many risks.



From Ermua Forum will support you, as we always have, to achieve a broad front constitutionalist drop any pact with Nationalist government, to retrieve the Pact for Freedom and Against Terrorism, which articulate a firm position to secessionist nationalism, unsupportive and cheats and that promotes an overhaul of the Constitution of 78, to strengthen the state. With these objectives, we have to the vast majority of English: No votes for all.





Inma Castilla de Cortázar Larrea

Associate Professor of Physiology

Vice Ermua Forum

0 comments:

Post a Comment