I
¡Esto no tiene sentido! piensa Valerio, mientras observa cómo se afloja la cerradura de la escotilla que cierra su cubículo.
¿Cómo describir esto? se pregunta al mismo momento en que empuja hacia afuera la pesada escotilla que finalmente ha cedido. ¿Cómo describiría esta mujer lo que aquí ocurre?
Pongamos al tanto al público de lo que aquí ocurre.
Valerio was a philologist who was returning from a long study tour in Europe, most of which were spent in Paris. He specialized in De Anima of Aristotle and the late antique commentators of Aristotle, in particular John Philoponus. At that time, his only possession in the world were 17 boxes of books purchased in France and Germany during those years. He was born in Mexico, but his mother was Portuguese. Finally
sailed to Mexico. arrival at the port of Veracruz, he bought a small book-lined velvet strangely (what color was it?). It was a very bad translation the Castilian of De Anima of Aristotle, but had some strange notes in Russian. Valerio does not know Russian, but recognized Greek terms were right where they should. That caught his attention and kept the little book for Julio, whose career could be described as a cure-polyglot, you clarify a little mystery.
Arriving in Mexico City, his former fiancee - Lenore? - And in July it expected to report that his mother had died. On reaching home he found his sister, an obese woman and ten years older than him who wanted to strip him of his house and leave, as the only inheritance, a cat aged 15 years of age.
strange happens here and what the public does not know yet. Valerio "remembered" it clear that he does not have an obese sister who is ten years. Would schizophrenia? Suddenly all his memories seemed empty and contradictory. What year passed all this? If he had traveled by boat because it would take all as in the 30's right? it also had made several telephone calls.
That thought startled him how did he know that his life occurred in the thirties, just because the trip had not happened on a plane?
Valerio was then "woke up". He woke up in several ways. She opened her eyes and realized that I was not dozing in the soft bed of his home in Mexico City with the old cat purring on your feet ... no, he was locked in a kind of dark and cold dungeon.
And it was when it was revealed a terrible truth: he was a character. No, not a person: it was the character that someone had invented. Someone who, to make matters worse, had never set foot in Paris or in Germany or in Lisbon, and whose only real memory of Europe was Vigo in Galicia, in 1992.
was a character stored in a cubicle kind of dark and cold, stash there until this 'someone' occurred to him to keep writing nonsense of times and countries that do not know. Valerio
was outraged: "author" of that story was not worth it. Did not even speak all languages \u200b\u200bValerio yes! but to his chagrin, he discovered that he did not actually speak them. Their skills were greater than those of Dr. Frankenstein who had designed. His real skills, not imaginary ... but what skills "real" could have a 'character' emerged from the imagination of "other"? What fuck meant "other" when he was but an appendage of a great mind he could do and undo what he wanted? And the worst: a desire limited to its capabilities?.
But Valerio, however, had discovered something valuable, had autonomy from the monster that he created. He had asked who he was. And he had discovered something of himself regardless of what the author wanted perverse. He was calm, had to observe what was happening while he was away from the influence of the author, his creator.
first thing I discovered is that dark place where it was opened once in a while. He does not realize that was hard was when the "author" was sleeping.
Finally one day he decided to leave when he opened the door that imprisoned: it was a hatch with a glass roof. And found out he was in a huge building, a kind of surreal palace where he traveled, hurried, strange and distorted characters. In general, the fauna of that place consisted of cats, white horses, astronauts and other things rather own a dream. That! that with which it was were the dreams of the "author."
finally found one day the 'stage' where it happened dreams. It was when he realized that the "author" was a woman.
thought I should suspect Valerio intospecciones I have not even men ...
II
are perhaps three or four o'clock. He rubs his hands together: it really cold. A small man was about
Boss? Now what are we doing?
A map "answers Valerio a map of associations have this woman in the head .
not understand ...
Right now I'll explain. Did you bring what I asked? Does the notebook and pencil? .
The man pulled from his bag a small notebook and a fountain pen. Valerio looked a little disappointed ... good could not ask for miracles ... but ...
why at least bring ink? Stupid If you run out of ink how can we continue?!
The man looked at him with concern ... but hey, thought Valerio, hardly going to end the cartridge. He himself had little idea of \u200b\u200bwhat they were looking for the happy associations. He only knew that each of the characters who wandered there every night was associated with another in an almost "how to say? all had a kind of bond with others ... and once they had met someone identical to yourself. It happened when he repeated the magic word: hegemonikon . Then the man ran toward him. It was a little taller than him (which caused him some discomfort). It was like a "he" but more perfect.
Who are you? Valerio asked that time.
Valerio.
No, let's see ... Valerio me.
But the man said nothing. Simply stared at him without flinching. That meeting was impressive: his first interview with another "character" ... Was he a character? Valerio hands will sweat. I do not want to admit but it was actually very excited. It was almost like looking in a mirror but it was not him. Maybe it was meeting the "other side" of himself! ... Or its referent in reality! Someone who knew the world outside of the Palaces of Memory!
Well ... ahem ... Valerio. Who are you?
Valerio.
This ... yes, yes ... I had already said that. Well. Y. .. y. .. Where do you know the author? Valerio
put all hope in that question. Perhaps decipher the mystery would be as easy as asking him things ...
"Author? I do not understand. What do you mean?
The Author! The One who created us! O well, tell me more about you.
know Greek.
That I also know! Tell me more! Do you know Eleanor? Will the real Leonardo?
But "Valerio" twin does not seem to understand your questions. What is more, did not seem to be "shocked" like himself against such an encounter. He seemed completely indifferent. It seemed ... as if he had soul. As if ... as if it was just a wandering image. Like a ghost ...
similitudo is a , Valerio! For more questions you do not you make nothing of it!
July! Valerio cried when he saw the man who, from behind, shouted
July! What fun! I thought I was alone in this damn scary world! "You're a character! You know who you are? You know something else?! Valerio
ran to him and hugged him tightly. Inadvertently began to whimper.
I also understand very little, Valerio ... but I also found my "magic word" phantasma I think "woke up" a few hours before you. I heard banging on the walls of your cubicle.
But yesterday I saw you and did not seem to understand or not mothers!
guess it was not me was my similitudo ... or similitudo to which I am associated. And you will wake up. We will meet soon. Easy. You can get information to your similitudo . I think we are lucky to have such similitudines in here. I recently met another person crying in a corner. It was scary you know what it was?
"said Valerio not looking like a child who is listening for the first time a terrible ghost story.
Valerio was a cat! A flying cat and talked and cried in despair because I knew who he was! And then I found other monsters like that kind of anguish!. I am frightened Valerio! How is it that we lived in a normal city, we were people with meat, nerves and bones, and now we are locked into this nightmare that even is ours?
... Valerio
felt a lump in my throat which caused him to be July the first night I decided to leave his cubicle. He passed his hand across his throat and remained so for a few seconds. The man finally hawking throat.
Yes, yes! sorry ... I got distracted. Let's see. Type in the word book ... Valerio
hesitated for a second. If the spoke would come to meet the other Valerio. I was terrified of finding. What if tested with the magic word of July? What else will appear? "Another similitudo and soulless empty eyes? Feel the terror of seeing a no-July there. Y. .. Leonor "would also have a magic word? but what would it be? Where to begin? His poor assistant was one of those characters without similitudo. I had tried everything. But the poor man does not come any word to the head that invoke nothing.
writes: There are two types of creatures ... What would you call this place? July
Father called "The Memory Palace" According
: writes:
"The Memory Palace there are several types of creatures. Some are 'characters' who have self-awareness and others who no possess. The characters will call first and second similarity. Among the characters are of two types: those with similarities and those without.
" similitudines " the man corrected him. and feminine, not masculine.
How? You too will know the vocabulary of July?
No, well, a little: the other day I heard him talk to his' similitudo . " Why not invoked? At least not going to answer the same as the other Valerio. If the other Valerio know Greek, I think other Julio knows ... What do you call the other language?
"Latin ?
And then came July similitudo ...
¡Esto no tiene sentido! piensa Valerio, mientras observa cómo se afloja la cerradura de la escotilla que cierra su cubículo.
¿Cómo describir esto? se pregunta al mismo momento en que empuja hacia afuera la pesada escotilla que finalmente ha cedido. ¿Cómo describiría esta mujer lo que aquí ocurre?
Pongamos al tanto al público de lo que aquí ocurre.
Valerio was a philologist who was returning from a long study tour in Europe, most of which were spent in Paris. He specialized in De Anima of Aristotle and the late antique commentators of Aristotle, in particular John Philoponus. At that time, his only possession in the world were 17 boxes of books purchased in France and Germany during those years. He was born in Mexico, but his mother was Portuguese. Finally
sailed to Mexico. arrival at the port of Veracruz, he bought a small book-lined velvet strangely (what color was it?). It was a very bad translation the Castilian of De Anima of Aristotle, but had some strange notes in Russian. Valerio does not know Russian, but recognized Greek terms were right where they should. That caught his attention and kept the little book for Julio, whose career could be described as a cure-polyglot, you clarify a little mystery.
Arriving in Mexico City, his former fiancee - Lenore? - And in July it expected to report that his mother had died. On reaching home he found his sister, an obese woman and ten years older than him who wanted to strip him of his house and leave, as the only inheritance, a cat aged 15 years of age.
strange happens here and what the public does not know yet. Valerio "remembered" it clear that he does not have an obese sister who is ten years. Would schizophrenia? Suddenly all his memories seemed empty and contradictory. What year passed all this? If he had traveled by boat because it would take all as in the 30's right? it also had made several telephone calls.
That thought startled him how did he know that his life occurred in the thirties, just because the trip had not happened on a plane?
Valerio was then "woke up". He woke up in several ways. She opened her eyes and realized that I was not dozing in the soft bed of his home in Mexico City with the old cat purring on your feet ... no, he was locked in a kind of dark and cold dungeon.
And it was when it was revealed a terrible truth: he was a character. No, not a person: it was the character that someone had invented. Someone who, to make matters worse, had never set foot in Paris or in Germany or in Lisbon, and whose only real memory of Europe was Vigo in Galicia, in 1992.
was a character stored in a cubicle kind of dark and cold, stash there until this 'someone' occurred to him to keep writing nonsense of times and countries that do not know. Valerio
was outraged: "author" of that story was not worth it. Did not even speak all languages \u200b\u200bValerio yes! but to his chagrin, he discovered that he did not actually speak them. Their skills were greater than those of Dr. Frankenstein who had designed. His real skills, not imaginary ... but what skills "real" could have a 'character' emerged from the imagination of "other"? What fuck meant "other" when he was but an appendage of a great mind he could do and undo what he wanted? And the worst: a desire limited to its capabilities?.
But Valerio, however, had discovered something valuable, had autonomy from the monster that he created. He had asked who he was. And he had discovered something of himself regardless of what the author wanted perverse. He was calm, had to observe what was happening while he was away from the influence of the author, his creator.
first thing I discovered is that dark place where it was opened once in a while. He does not realize that was hard was when the "author" was sleeping.
Finally one day he decided to leave when he opened the door that imprisoned: it was a hatch with a glass roof. And found out he was in a huge building, a kind of surreal palace where he traveled, hurried, strange and distorted characters. In general, the fauna of that place consisted of cats, white horses, astronauts and other things rather own a dream. That! that with which it was were the dreams of the "author."
finally found one day the 'stage' where it happened dreams. It was when he realized that the "author" was a woman.
thought I should suspect Valerio intospecciones I have not even men ...
II
are perhaps three or four o'clock. He rubs his hands together: it really cold. A small man was about
Boss? Now what are we doing?
A map "answers Valerio a map of associations have this woman in the head .
not understand ...
Right now I'll explain. Did you bring what I asked? Does the notebook and pencil? .
The man pulled from his bag a small notebook and a fountain pen. Valerio looked a little disappointed ... good could not ask for miracles ... but ...
why at least bring ink? Stupid If you run out of ink how can we continue?!
The man looked at him with concern ... but hey, thought Valerio, hardly going to end the cartridge. He himself had little idea of \u200b\u200bwhat they were looking for the happy associations. He only knew that each of the characters who wandered there every night was associated with another in an almost "how to say? all had a kind of bond with others ... and once they had met someone identical to yourself. It happened when he repeated the magic word: hegemonikon . Then the man ran toward him. It was a little taller than him (which caused him some discomfort). It was like a "he" but more perfect.
Who are you? Valerio asked that time.
Valerio.
No, let's see ... Valerio me.
But the man said nothing. Simply stared at him without flinching. That meeting was impressive: his first interview with another "character" ... Was he a character? Valerio hands will sweat. I do not want to admit but it was actually very excited. It was almost like looking in a mirror but it was not him. Maybe it was meeting the "other side" of himself! ... Or its referent in reality! Someone who knew the world outside of the Palaces of Memory!
Well ... ahem ... Valerio. Who are you?
Valerio.
This ... yes, yes ... I had already said that. Well. Y. .. y. .. Where do you know the author? Valerio
put all hope in that question. Perhaps decipher the mystery would be as easy as asking him things ...
"Author? I do not understand. What do you mean?
The Author! The One who created us! O well, tell me more about you.
know Greek.
That I also know! Tell me more! Do you know Eleanor? Will the real Leonardo?
But "Valerio" twin does not seem to understand your questions. What is more, did not seem to be "shocked" like himself against such an encounter. He seemed completely indifferent. It seemed ... as if he had soul. As if ... as if it was just a wandering image. Like a ghost ...
similitudo is a , Valerio! For more questions you do not you make nothing of it!
July! Valerio cried when he saw the man who, from behind, shouted
July! What fun! I thought I was alone in this damn scary world! "You're a character! You know who you are? You know something else?! Valerio
ran to him and hugged him tightly. Inadvertently began to whimper.
I also understand very little, Valerio ... but I also found my "magic word" phantasma I think "woke up" a few hours before you. I heard banging on the walls of your cubicle.
But yesterday I saw you and did not seem to understand or not mothers!
guess it was not me was my similitudo ... or similitudo to which I am associated. And you will wake up. We will meet soon. Easy. You can get information to your similitudo . I think we are lucky to have such similitudines in here. I recently met another person crying in a corner. It was scary you know what it was?
"said Valerio not looking like a child who is listening for the first time a terrible ghost story.
Valerio was a cat! A flying cat and talked and cried in despair because I knew who he was! And then I found other monsters like that kind of anguish!. I am frightened Valerio! How is it that we lived in a normal city, we were people with meat, nerves and bones, and now we are locked into this nightmare that even is ours?
... Valerio
felt a lump in my throat which caused him to be July the first night I decided to leave his cubicle. He passed his hand across his throat and remained so for a few seconds. The man finally hawking throat.
Yes, yes! sorry ... I got distracted. Let's see. Type in the word book ... Valerio
hesitated for a second. If the spoke would come to meet the other Valerio. I was terrified of finding. What if tested with the magic word of July? What else will appear? "Another similitudo and soulless empty eyes? Feel the terror of seeing a no-July there. Y. .. Leonor "would also have a magic word? but what would it be? Where to begin? His poor assistant was one of those characters without similitudo. I had tried everything. But the poor man does not come any word to the head that invoke nothing.
writes: There are two types of creatures ... What would you call this place? July
Father called "The Memory Palace" According
: writes:
"The Memory Palace there are several types of creatures. Some are 'characters' who have self-awareness and others who no possess. The characters will call first and second similarity. Among the characters are of two types: those with similarities and those without.
" similitudines " the man corrected him. and feminine, not masculine.
How? You too will know the vocabulary of July?
No, well, a little: the other day I heard him talk to his' similitudo . " Why not invoked? At least not going to answer the same as the other Valerio. If the other Valerio know Greek, I think other Julio knows ... What do you call the other language?
"Latin ?
And then came July similitudo ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment